Career Options

While still being in my first year at university I am going to be looking at all the different career options that can steam from my degree. This is so I can find out what employers look for/require when hiring a new person for a job, so I can start to tailor the things I do now in order to look more hireable in the future.

You can visit lots of different sites in order to find jobs within Sport Therapy/Rehabilitation, and here are a couple I have looked at:

In my future after finishing my degree my dream job would be to work for a professional team as a Sport Rehabilitator/Therapist. The closest job I found on career in sport website was for a football club academy therapist. Some of the mandatory requirements were to have gym-based qualifications, have previous pitch side first aid experience within sport, hold a valid driving licence and be able to travel independently as required, attend a child protection/safeguarding workshop and undergo an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services check).

For my in order to get this job or around the same job in the future I should work towards reaching a lot  of these requirements as I have found looking through lots of job within sports clubs these are the main requirements. I already hold a valid driving licence and have attended child protection course as well as undergoing a DBS.

0 comments