Transfer Options

HEAD of Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two fixture against Grimsby Town at Home Park, Argyle manager Ryan Lowe confirmed he has the option of freshening up his squad in January.

We are currently two months away from the mid-season transfer window and the gaffer is not ruling out any chance of him signing one or two new additions, but he will be cautious, have a plan and respect chairman Simon Hallet and the Argyle Board of Directors.

“We have to be cautious if we need to [sign players] but obviously I’m happy with the squad I have got now because I’ve put that squad together at the start of the season,” he said. “Can that change in January, of course it can.”

“Can I bring one or two players in? Yes, 100%. Again, what we’re saying is the squad that we have got now can compete. If one or two move out the door, will I have some funds to spend? Of course I will.

“I respect Simon and the board, [chief executive] Andrew [Parkinson] and [club secretary] Zac [Newton], and everyone else. I don’t want to just throw money away, if I want to sign someone, I will if they are the right fit.”

With arrivals the main focus surrounding transfers, outgoings are also a feature within football clubs. One player who may not have to wait until January though is Tafari Moore.

The 22 year-old former Arsenal defender moved to Home Park last year but has been unable to break into the first-team picture this season and the manager confirmed Taf is available for loan.

“Taf is a good lad, he hasn’t given us a day’s problem,” said Ryan. “We’ve made him available to go out on loan but that’s not the case as of yet. We’re waiting for some clubs to come in for him and see if he wants to go, but we’ve put an option in there of going to train somewhere to help the lad out.

“As I say, the lad has been different class in and around the place, he hasn’t thrown his dummy out at all. He’s worked hard but unfortunately we do have a squad that I feel is good enough to compete and, at this moment in time, Tafari is not in those plans.”

Image Rights – Plymouth Argyle Football Club