Boss Bants

ARGYLE manager Ryan Lowe has given an insight into the good relationship he and Bradford City boss Gary Bowyer enjoy ahead of our Sky Bet League Two clash.

It’s clear there is nothing but respect between the two managers, highlighted by Ryan’s complimentary words of Bowyer’s success at Bradford, adding how much of a test Bradford will pose to his side.

“Me and Gaz [Gary Bowyer] are good friends; we have a good relationship,” he said. “There is no battle between me him, I don’t buy into that. I’ve got the utmost respect for him.

“We know it’s going to be a tough game on Saturday. Gary Bowyer is a good bloke, and he’s got some good players there.

“The expectations for where Bradford want to be are high, they want to keep climbing. Gaz has gone there and changed the philosophy of the club.

“It’s going to be a tough test – last season is irrelevant. It’s got nothing to do with the two managers battling it out, it’s about two teams trying their best to get the three points.

“Sometimes, as the manager, you have to think on your feet and be ready for different scenarios to occur. Gaz is in the same position, he’s an experienced bloke and I don’t think he will try and outthink me, as I certainly won’t with him. I don’t play mind games like that. He will be setting up his team to get the three points, and I will be doing the same.”

Argyle forward Billy Clarke enjoyed some great times during his career at Bradford but now fully focussed on being ready for selection in the famous Green shirt, as the gaffer also gave a fitness update for tomorrow’s big game.  

“He [Billy Clarke] is someone who did very well at Bradford, a terrific job,” said Lowe. “He’s a fantastic lad, and one that knows he has to work hard to get in the team. He’s not far off, he’s been working his socks off recently and he will be in and around the first-team.

“Fadz [Callum Mcfadzean] is fine, he’s training, but Joe Riley has a bug. Billy Clarke is fine, he’s in full training. Joe [Edwards] has got a big bruise on his knee, having taken a whack. The lads have a few bumps and bruises but they’ve prepared right.”

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/boss-bants/

Image courtesy of Plymouth Argyle FC/Plymouth Herald