Have you ever uploaded images to Learning Space and then wondered why when viewing the page with the image on a small screen that the image is chopped?
By following the instructions below, you’ll have images that will responsively re-size for any screen when viewed.
1. Go to the area in Learning Space and the edit screen for the section you want to add an image.
2. In the summary box, click on the image icon to open up the image upload box.
3. Click on the ‘Find or upload an image…’ link
4. Find the image you want to add to the summary box and ‘Select this file’ (you may wish to save as an appropriate name first)
5. Then click on the ‘Appearance tab’ and after making any changes to the alignment or size, you should click on the ‘Class’ drop-down menu and select ‘img-responsive’.
6. Click on ‘Insert’ and your image will be responsive when viewed on any screen size.
Notice, in the above screenshot that the responsive size of the image has changed from its original size of 960 x 540 px to 502 x 878 px and the image still displays in full.
You may have noticed some visual changes to Learning Space. In particular to the homepage. With 41,590 page views on the Homepage, in just the last 30 days, LS is clearly a huge tool to our students.
We have been looking at ways to develop the user experience on Learning Space. The initial steps were to fix styling bugs that were causing some conflictions between headings and title boxes. These were more obvious on smaller device screens and older browsers.
The later developments have been to replace the quick link buttons and soften the background texture. This hopefully adds more colour to the homepage and makes the text more readable throughout the system.
We have applied more attention to detail by adding drop shadows to all the boxes within the layout.
While all of these changes may seem small details, the overall outcome should provide a fresh feel to all LS pages.
With these updates, adding video and images to module pages will enhance the pages greatly. If you would like any help with this, please contact the MeLT team – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are constantly reviewing the visual and usability side to our VLE. If you have any feedback on the new updates, please contact Zac Gribble – email@example.com