When LS Module pages are initially set up, the ‘Topics’ layout is used and courses have five sections with default names of Topic 1, Topic 2, Topic 3 etc. (see image below)
Tutors can then rename the sections to something meaningful, add their resources/ activities and additional sections. There is no set rule for naming sections and organising content as this will differ from module to module, but it is something that careful thought needs to be given to. The most important consideration when naming sections and organising content is ease of access for students. With this in mind, it is suggested that you use a combination of options 1 and 2 / 3 (below)
- Using generic topics such as ‘Assessments’, ‘Documents’, ‘Readings’ etc.
- Using a new topic for each week.
- Using a new topic for each subject/teaching topic
To rename a section:
- Turn editing on (top right hand side of page)
- Scroll to the section you want to rename and click the ‘cog’ icon
- Deselect the ‘Use default section name’ checkbox and type in a new section name. You can also use the summary area to provide details of the topic or resources (optional)
- Scroll down and click the green ‘Save changes‘ button
- The section will now be displayed with its new name and summary on your LS module page (see image below)
- Repeat steps above to rename and add summary information to other sections
Watch the video below to see this in action!