It is sometimes useful to be able to view your LS module page as a student to check exactly what students have access to. This can be particularly useful if you are unsure of whether a section or activity/resource is hidden or not.
To view your LS module page as a student:
- Click on your profile image icon (top-right-hand side of the screen)
- Then click ‘Switch role to…’ and select student from the options you are given
- You will now see your LS module page and content exactly as students do
- Any hidden sections will be either completely invisible or will be shown as ‘not available’ – there will also be additional purple messages for example if there is a restriction set on feedback – for example if a there is a required score needed before feedback can be viewed.
To switch back to your normal role:
- Go back to your profile icon and select ‘return to my normal role’ option
To change the settings of hidden sections:
- Go to Site Administration and select Courses then course default settings
- Click the down arrow next to Hidden sections and select the option you want
- Scroll down and click the blue ‘Save changes’ button