How to add a welcome message and image to your LS module page
A basic (bare bones) LearningSpace page is created for each module using a ‘topic format’ layout. Module leads and tutors then need to customise the page and add content. A good starting point is to have a welcome message to give students information about the course and contact details.
- The first thing that you need to do is click the icon (located at the top right hand side of the page) – then select ‘Turn editing on’
- You are now ready to begin adding your welcome message. (keep the custom box checked)
- Add your text – A welcome message, information about the course and what to expect, including contact details, which are quite useful to include here
- To add a picture of yourself or the team: click directly infront of the text you have entered, then click the insert/edit image icon, click find or upload an image -> choose file -> navigate to where your image is stored, click open and then click the upload this file button.
- You will see your uploaded image in the ‘Preview’ area and can type in an image description
- Next you need to click the Appearance tab to make changes to the image size and alignment before adding it to your page
On the Appearance tab:
- Change alignment to left (this change will wrap text around the image rather than being underneath it)
- Change the image size – 200 is a reasonable size (make sure the constrain proportions box is checked)
- Add horizontal space (e.g. 4) to add a little space between the text and image
- When you have made these changes, click the insert button.