What is the Quiz activity and how can I use it?
The Quiz activity allows you to design and set quizzes consisting of a large variety of Question types, including multiple choice, true-false, drag and drop and short answer questions. These questions are kept in the Question bank and can be re-used in multiple quizzes.
Quizzes can be configured to allow multiple attempts. Each attempt is automatically marked, and you can choose whether to give feedback and/or show the correct answers
You have finished a session with your students and you want to know just how much they have actually grasped
Why not surprise them with an end of session quiz to get your answer?!
How to add the Quiz activity to your LS module page
- First you need to log into Learning Space and navigate to your study module
- Next click the ‘Turn editing on’ button at the top right of the page
- In the section that you want to add the ‘Quiz’ activity to, click the ‘Add an activity or resource’ button and select ‘Quiz’ from the pop up menu
- Now you need to complete the General information section about your Quiz, this includes the title, introduction (optional), when the quiz will be available, how long for and when to close it along with other options
- Once you have completed the ‘General’ settings you need to move onto the ‘Layout’ settings
- Question order – click the down arrow to select the order in which you want questions to appear
- New page – click the down arrow and select the number of questions you want to display on each page
- Navigation method – click the down arrow to select free (students can answer questions in any order) or sequential (students answer questions in the order they appear)
- The ‘Review options’ section will already have boxes checked – you can leave these settings as they are or tailor them to suit the results you require by clicking on each individual box
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Save and return to course’ button
- You have now created your Quiz
- To add questions, see ‘Quiz – add questions from a question bank’ and ‘Quiz question types’ posts.