The dedicated app for Plymouth Marjon University has been fully updated – Sept 2018.
Marjon Mobile is the official app for students, staff and visitors of Plymouth Marjon University. By logging in to the app using Marjon account details, students and staff can quickly gain access to a range of personalised information and campus updates.
We have designed the 4.0 app to act as your mobile dashboard for life at Marjon. With added functionality such as capability to receive push notifications and dynamic news feeds, the app will become a useful tool to stay up to date with campus communications.
There are also links to the VLE (Learning Space) and Library Services. The dashboard should have everything you need to keep you connected.
A QR code reader has been included in the app to be used on various material around the campus. This means a quick scan of a QR code can link you to a desired web page without any typing. Students also use the QR code scanner to register their attendance at sessions through the Marjon CheckIn system.
Once installed, use the ‘?’ buttons for help with using the app.
The app also includes:
- A customised timetable letting you know where you need to be and when, for the next ten days. If you are unsure of the location of a room, each timetable event has a direct link to the campus map that will show you exactly where you need to go.
- Custom staff and student dashboard, with dedicated tiles and information.
- A realtime display of your print balance and links to information on how to add more credit.
- An interactive campus map that can be accessed at any time to help you find your way around campus. Featuring a custom room search function and Google Maps technology you can search for a location on campus and the map will display a marker for the room.
- Keep up to date with comings and goings with live news feeds pulled in directly from the Hub and LearningSpace.
- Library Services gives you up to date information on opening/closing times and displays your current loan items, including due dates so you’ll never need to incur a late fee again! New in the latest version of Marjon Mobile is an integrated Library search and a place to store books you’d like to find on the shelves.
- Campus weather for the next three days including high and low temperatures.
- Live departure times and route destinations for all bus services that stop at the outside the Marjon Sports Centre.
- A comprehensive staff listing area with email and telephone contact details. The listing also features a search function which will make finding a tutor or a campus service easier than ever.
Compatible with Android phones and tablets
Requires Android 2.1 or later.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
Available from iTunes and the app store
Web version (Windows phone and Blackberry)
Compatible with All other devices, including windows phone and blackberry, and modern desktop browsers.
Requires IE 10, Chrome, Firefox and Windows Phone 7 and above.