Turnitin FAQs including dissertation submissions to Turnitin

Turnitin FAQs

How do I submit my assignment and get a digital receipt?
How can I check the date/time that my essay needs to be submitted?
Is there a file size limit?
Can I check that I’ve submitted the correct essay?
Can I resubmit my essay before the deadline?
Can I submit my essay after the deadline has passed?
What file formats does Turnitin accept?
How do I get a digital receipt?
How do I access and save my graded assignment?
back to top

The University uses a method of online submission called Turnitin, which enables you to submit your assignments via LearningSpace. You can access the assignment to allow you to submit through your module page.

Click here for instructions on submitting your assignment to Turnitin.

back to top

How can I check the date/time that my essay needs to be submitted?

Login to LearningSpace, open your module page and then click the Turnitin assignment to open the submission inbox. You will see start date/time, due date/time and post date/time

Click here to find out more

back to top

Is there a file size limit?

Yes. The maximum file size that can be submitted to Turnitin is 40 MB

Click here to find out more

back to top

Can I check that I’ve submitted the correct file?

Yes. You should always check that you have submitted the correct file. To do this, click the Turnitin assignment to open the submission inbox and then click on the title of your submission. This will open your essay in the Turnitin GradeMark view.

back to top

For the majority of submissions yes. Click the Turnitin assignment to open the submission inbox, then click Submit Paper and repeat submission steps – e.g. enter a title, locate your file, click the Statement of Originality checkbox and then click the Resubmission button. Note: If this option isn’t available, please contact the Marjon eLearning Team.

back to top

Yes. Turnitin assignments remain open for 14 days after the due date to allow for late submissions. Note: Late submissions receive a capped mark. If you do submit the wrong file by mistake you can resubmit providing that it is prior to the hand in date. This option is not available if you are making a late submission: read more on assessment in the Regulations Framework assessment pages

back to top

What file formats does Turnitin accept?

Microsoft Word files (.doc/.docx),  Microsoft PowerPoint files (.ppt/.pptx), Open Office files (.odt) and PDF files

If you are using:

• Microsoft Word – Save as a normal word document and submit that
  • Apple Pages – Export the document as a PDF file and submit that. Turnitin does NOT accept .pages files.
  • Libre Office/Open Office Writer – Save in the normal format (open document text .odt) and submit that.  Don’t convert it to Microsoft Word format as Turnitin may not accept the converted file.
  • Google Docs Online – Download the document as a PDF file on your local computer and submit that.
  • Microsoft Office Online – Download the document as a PDF file to your local computer and submit that.
  • If you are submitting a presentation and need tutors to view slide notes you will need to prepare the presentation prior to submission

Click here to find out more

back to top

How do I get a digital receipt?

We recommend that you save a copy of your digital receipt once you have submitted your assignment. To do this click the Turnitin assignment to open the submission inbox and click View Digital Receipt (which is located next to your submission title). Click Print, then click the Change button, select Save as PDF and then click the Save button and navigate to where you want to save it.

A digital receipt should also be emailed to you when your assignment has been submitted (successfully), but is sometimes filtered as spam in which case you need to check your junk email folder.

Click here to find out more
back to top

How do I access and save my graded assignment?

Click on the Turnitin assignment to open the submission inbox, then click the print icon and select ‘Download PDF of current view for printing’. This will download a pdf file of your assignment with feedback and grade to your Downloads folder. You can then copy the file from Downloads and paste into a folder of your choice or open the file, click print, click the change button and select Save as PDF, then click save and navigate to the folder you want to save to.

Click here to find out more

back to top

You may also like...

Skip to toolbar