Before recommending any third party software to staff and students, we carry out extensive testing on systems available at the University to check that the software runs and performs as expected. However, it would be impossible for us to test all versions of software across all available platforms and so we recommend that before installing any third party software, staff and students back up their computer to ensure that if something does go wrong, important files and programs are not lost.
As the University has no control over third party software, we would also like to remind you of the following:
Recommendations and links to third party software are provided by the University without warranty of any kind. Any use of such software is at your own discretion and risk and you shall be solely responsible for any damage to your computer/laptop/device or loss of data. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or from our website shall create any warranty for the software.
Additionally, we make no warranty that:
- The third-party software will meet your requirements
- The third-party software will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free
- The results from the use of the third-party software will be effective, accurate or reliable
- The quality of the third-party software will meet your expectations
- If errors or problems occur in connection with a download of the third-party software obtained from the links on our website, they will be corrected
Links to third-party software and related documentation made available by the University are subject to the following conditions:
- The software could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors
- At any time without prior notice, we may make changes to the links pointing to third-party software or documentation made available on the third-party’s website
- The software may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such materials
- We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the third-party software or documentation available from its website
- In no event shall we be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, lost data, or any liability arising out of or in connection with the use of this third-party software.