Module pages in LearningSpace have historically been rolled over at the end of each academic year and reset by module leaders to prepare for new cohorts of students. As of September 2019, this will change and students will have continued access to previous year module pages for the duration of their studies, which means that new pages will be created each year and will need to be populated. New module pages will be based on a template that includes placeholders and information about required content (as outlined in module minimum requirements) to help with consistency across module pages and provide a better experience for students.
In addition to adding new content to module pages (e.g. module handbook, assessment information and staff contact details) you may want to include some resources from the previous years course which can be achieved by using the Sharing Cart or the Import tool. This guide will take you through the import process.
If your import is going to include resources from sections 1 – 4 watch the screencast below:
If you are importing content from section 5 and above:
- Go to your new course page, click the cog icon (top right) and then click ‘Import’
- Enter the name of the course you want to import from and click Search
- Select the course and click Continue
Backup settings: All options are selected by default. Deselect blocks, filters, calendar events and groups & groupings
- Then click Next
You will see a list of all sections and content in the course you are importing from and everything will be selected by default.
- Deselect the General section (first section in list) – Your new page will have it’s own general section.
- Then deselect the four sections beneath the general section
- Scroll and deselect other sections/resources that you do not want to import
- Click next – you will see ticks next to items you have selected to import (If you want to make any changes, scroll down and click previous)
- When you are happy with what you have selected, click Perform Import
- A message will inform you when the import is complete
- Click ‘Continue’
- You will be returned to your new LS module page and will see that the resources/sections that you imported are displayed from topic section 5 and onward