Module pages in LearningSpace have historically been rolled over at the end of each academic year and reset by module leaders to prepare for new cohorts of students. As of September 2019, this will change and students will have continued access to previous year module pages for the duration of their studies, which means that new pages will be created each year and will need to be populated. New module pages will be based on a template that includes placeholders and information about required content (as outlined in module minimum requirements) to help with consistency across module pages and provide a better experience for students.
In addition to adding new content to module pages (e.g. module handbook, assessment information and staff contact details) you may want to include some resources from the previous years course which can be achieved by using the Sharing Cart or the Import feature. This guide will take you through the import process.
New module pages
New module pages contain a General section, five topic sections and two blocks (REPLAY and Upcoming Events).
The first section of the page ‘Guides to help you with course content’ contains links to a number of help guides and is hidden so students will not see it.
The next three sections of the page are already named for you and information about indicative content is included.
Importing content from a previous module
- To import content from a previous module, click the cog icon (top right) and then click ‘Import’
- Enter the name of the course you want to import from and click Search
- Select the course and click Continue
Backup settings: All options are selected by default. Deselect blocks, filters, calendar events and groups & groupings
- Then click Next
You will see a list of all sections and content in the course you are importing from and everything will be selected by default.
- Deselect the General section (first section in list) – Your new page will have it’s own general section.
- Scroll to the different sections and deselect sections/resources that you do not want to import
- Click next – you will see ticks next to items you have selected to import (If you want to make any changes, scroll down and click previous)
- When you are happy with what you have selected, click Perform Import
Sections and resources that you have imported will go into the same topic sections on your new course page e.g. resources from topic 12 will go into topic 12 of your new course, so unless topic sections are identical on both courses you will need to organise content once the import is complete.