My name is Erin Pickard, I am 18 years old from Buckinghamshire and I am a first year student studying Sports Therapy at Plymouth Marjon University. In my spare time I have enjoyed playing a variety of sports including league netball, county cricket and attending the gym regularly. From enjoying participation in sport I have gain valuable teamwork, leadership, determination and communication skills. These new skills that I have developed have aided the learning process of my degree in Sports Therapy. Throughout my schooling life at Amersham School I have been recognised at prestigious sporting events for my commitment to sport through winning awards such as; Sports Personality of the year award and Female Sports Women of the year. Other than sport, in my spare time I sacrificed some evenings to volunteer at local Brownies and Guiding unit. Through doing this I gained an adult leadership qualification, and the ability to work with Children of differing ages allowing me to develop my people skills. This will benefit me through my Sports Therapy Career when consulting clients daily.