Day 1,

10:00am-14:00pm

On arrival I got a brief overview by my peers as to what today’s tasks will involve. I was excited to be part of the team and get started with my placement. I was relieved to get started. We had to form two questionnaires as a group, one about being a mentor and one about being the individual who has a mentor. The content within the questionnaires were aimed towards the interests of the target audience. Once the questionnaires were formed we had a meeting with the placement supervisor to discuss the questionnaires and through doing this one was chosen to be given to first year Psychology students. Once these were completed we received the results.

Today I felt like a key individual with a role to play. I enjoyed discussing the potential questions for the questionnaire and thinking of the possible answers we would receive. It was exciting to feel as though we could make a difference for students experience of university. We have yet to look at the results, however I am curious to see which common themes arise.