Day 2,

09:00am-13:00pm

Today was more about gaining information and knowledge about advocacy as a whole. I spent today discussing the benefits of the programme with the placement supervisor and I was happy to find out that the CEO of the company wanted to get involved with the project. The CEO along side my placement supervisor, can see the benefits of this project and hope to spread the idea to other universities. It was great to ask lots of questions about the company and to get to know what positive things they do and how I can get involved. We spoke about the potential opportunity for future work within the company, this was great and I feel like I have been able to make connections to potential employers.

Through discussing in detail today with my placement supervisor I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about advocacy. I learnt how to be professionally whilst holding conversations with a person of high authority. In addition, I learnt the importance of people’s voices and that you should not inflict your views on them; they should have the freedom to speak at all times.

This day has been great and very useful. I can now adapt my role throughout the placement to best fit the needs of the advocacy role, having learnt further information about this today. I am more aware of the context and feel more confident for my next session and am excited for next time.