I am excited to begin my placement within advocacy work. It was to much relief that when speaking to the placement supervisor she was more that happy for me to join with some of my peers and get stuck in. Within this placement opportunity I need to complete 50 hours and I look forward to what it will involve and what I can learn.

Through my placement I will focus on the importance of support for students at university. I will be participating in the planning, discussion and implementation of a support network at the university. We will be forming a support network for first year undergraduates to be able talk freely about their social life, university life and any concerns they may have. However, within this support network safeguarding will be a strong factor and it will be a strictly work relationship with the individuals. It is confidential and the only time the information will be shared is to student support, if we feel that the individual is at risk of harm.

The thought of the project makes me feel proud to be involved and excited to take on the responsibilities available through the process. I think this project will be of high importance to undergraduates; it can make a positive impact on their university experience. Through being a student myself, I understand the stresses of student life and have developed strategies of how to cope, which I can share throughout.