Clinical Hours

21/03/2019 – Hours 23-26

My first hour the pt c/o tightness in hamstring following a football training session. Rx = 30 Minute massage. I felt relaxed treating this area and practicing ROM techniques. I I told them to make sure they warm up before any training session. focus on the hamstring next time so its not a continuous issue.

My second hour pt c/o lower back pain due to a deadlifting session. Rx = 30 minute massage. I felt at ease massaging this area. I palpated before starting at the area in very tight.  I said to make sure they ask the personal trainers in the gym to ask about their posture during the exercise.

My third hour the pt c/o tightness in quadricep following a leg session at the gym. Rx = 30 Minute massage. I felt happy treating this area and practicing ROM techniques as I have had many pt come in with similar issues. I told them to make sure they warm up and cool down before any training session or exercise. This will reduce lactic acid build up in their body which will result in less pain after and/or the nest morning.

My fourth hour pt c/o lower back pain due to sitting in lectures and typing for too long. This pt is a full time student and struggle with posture in lectures. Rx = 30 minute massage. I released the tension up their neck also they have been complaining about getting headaches. I said to make sure they keep hydrated to reduce headaches. I also tested their ROM in their neck as they look up at the bored and then down at the laptop continuously all day. They told me their was ashiness there also.