Clinical Hours

14/03/2019 – Hours 15 – 18

I had a 4 hour practise clinic session for Marjon University.

My first hour of the pt c/o pain in the quadriceps following a kicking session in rugby. Rx = 30 Minute massage. I felt comfortable treating this area and practice ROM techniques. I need to read up on this area and gain more knowledge.

My second pt c/o upper back pain due to arm and shoulder session at the gym. They would mainly on their trapezius and rhomboid. Rx = 30 minute massage focused on those two previous muscles in rx. After I reflected on the ROM and made additional notes for future practice.previuosMy third pt c/o achiness of the quadriceps following a deadlift session at the gym. Rx = 30 Minute massage.

My third pt c/o of ashiness in the quadriceps following a deadlift session at the gym. Rx = 30 Minute massage. Their session lasted an intense 30 minutes they forgot to cool down so they have a lot of lactic acid build up. I gave them stretches to carry out after session. I recommend them taking a a slow treadmill wall to cool down too.

My fourth pt c/o tightness of the arms following a shift at work. Rx = 30 Minute massage. I felt less confident treating this area and practice ROM techniques. I need to practice this area more to feel more confident.

Although massage is effective I will try give myself more time to demonstrate stretches and test the pt. These will be easy and time effective for home use.