Clinical Hours

Hours 46-47-

My first hour the pt c/o tightness in their lower back due to having an office job which is 5 days a week for 8 hours a day.  They explained that sitting at the desk and rotating their upper body to get things they need. Rx = 30 Minute (STM) massage. I felt confident treating this area due to practising this area a lot and understanding the muscles in the upper section of the back. I need to read up on this area and gain more knowledge on the contractions of the muscles during certain exercises and movements. I told them to make sure they stretch when they wake up and before they go to bed. Also, they need to keep hydrated.

My second hour pt c/o hamstring pain. This pt was a rower. They explained to me that the repetitive strains to pushing back and allowing the muscles to relax on the forward movement. They said this is then resulting in pain when completing other day to day activities for example walking up and down the stairs and driving.  Rx = 30 minute (STM) massage. I observed the pt walking and sitting.I asked they to mimic the towering movement so I could visually see the muscles working. I used Pet and Eff massage types.  I need to look over the different massage types to widen my treatment and possibly think about taping next time.