Task 9 – Support at Marjon

Take a break in marjon woods-2knn0jj

Although at times I have sought support from lecturers, my favourite place to go to clear my head on campus is The Marjon woods.  The woods have always been my favourite place.  Even when I’m not at uni I like to spend my spare time in nature, alone.  I find the atmostphere calming and it’s nice to be around all the cute little squirrels and birds and listen to them all hanging out and having squirrel and bird fun.  I like to wonder what they’re talking about in their animal language, it takes my mind off all the other stupid thoughts looping around my head.  I like the smells and the sounds and the details of the art in natural settings. I also find taking pictures of trees really boosts my mood and seems to be quite a hobby of mine; in fact my Instagram is full of pictures of trees.  I enjoy reading and singing and meditating under the trees and the occasional nap.  I think it’s important to seek support off others but it is good to be alone with your thoughts in a natural setting.  Quite often when people feel like they need to think something through they’re actually thinking it through whilst watching TV or  driving.  I also sometimes feel a bit to self conscious to turn to others for support so will just go off into nature and I’ll feel better pretty quickly.

2 thoughts on “Task 9 – Support at Marjon

1. I literally love the sounds of birds! I can hear them right now chirping away as I type, I’m quite lucky to live high up and near Central Park so there’s lots of birds around!