Appropriate Adult Training/ YOS/ Youth Work: 23/03/19.

I attended what I thought was another training day for the appropriate adult team which I did not know about until 2:30 am the night before due to not having enough time to check my emails prior to then.  Some of the other volunteers I had already become aquinted with also attended.  The day turned out to be a training day to become a youth worker which was not what I thought I would be attending however I decided to stay and take the opportunity to gain some further training and understanding.  It was a very emotional day with a focus on child abuse. I got quite emotional as did some of the other volunteers, and the co-ordinators both wipped their eyes at one point during a very emotional descussion the group engaged in. During this discussion I had to take a moment and left the room for five minutes to compose myself as I was unable to contain my emotions and ended up crying. It was a beautiful day, with passionate discussions and horrendous stories and experiences shared between a group of like minded, intelligent people all whom I am certian are going to do great things for the local youths in Plymouth. I decided after leaving the training day that I will be turning up to every training day the team informs be about and also am now taking on the role of a youth worker in the local community. I am feeling rather happy and emotional/ tears of joy at the transformation I have gone through in the past few months. My life is changing and I am ready to help young people and families who are going through what I have been through to come out the other end, and be the light at the end of their tunnel like my youth offending workers, youth workers, social workers and support workers were for me.  Although, I am prepared for lots of drama and back lash as I am fully aware of how much of a pain I was and the issues I caused for the people trying to help me when I was facing the issues some of these people are.  To conclude my placement log, I am ready, and very exited to start my work… BRING IT ON!