21-01-2020 Tennis (2 hours)

DAILY RECORD OF VISIT TO THE PLACEMENT

Date: 21-01-2020
Group or individual with whom I worked: Marjon Tennis Society

BEFORE my placement …

What am I aiming to achieve from my placement today? What do I need to be mindful of? What issues/questions need to be addressed to ensure I achieve my aim? Do I need to be aware of particular theories, or have particular skills? Have I thought about all of the ‘what ifs’?

From my placement today I am aiming to support all the players in their build up to their first competitive game since the Christmas break. This will entail providing treatment to any injuries, stretching out any tight areas and aiding the coach with overall preparations.

DURING my placement …

What did I notice happening around me today? What was I thinking and feeling? How was I involved? Did I do anything to intervene and change the situation that I found myself in e.g. how I conveyed a point or whether I decided not to do something I had planned to do? Did my reflections at the time change the session I had planned or my actions?

Today I noticed a slight atmosphere change in all the players, they were more focused, and training was much more intense. The players were much more concerned about picking up injuries and would come and see me about very minor complaints.

AFTER my placement … (based on the Gibbs (1988) Reflective Cycle)

Describe the activities you undertook whilst on placement today. Set the context, what you did and what happened.

Whilst on placement today I mostly did assessments on players who were concerned that they had injuries, the reason why I did the assessments was to show the players that they were actually not injured due to the negative outcome of the tests.

Document how you felt through-out your placement today. Were you anxious, confident, pleased or disappointed?

Today at placement I felt confident as there was nothing that I couldn’t handle.