January

15/01/2021 3

Going into this clinic session I was still feeling quite nervous. The clinic has been quite quiet recently due to COVID so I haven’t been exposed to a lot of different injuries yet. However, in clinic today we had a very interesting patient. They came to clinic following an operation to the neck to remove cancerous lymph nodes. Following this the patient had been cleared of any cancers. I found this case very interesting to deal with, despite not knowing what the best thing to do was. I knew the patient needed to gain strength in their neck muscles and upper trapezius, but due to the severity of the issue I had to ask my supervisor if the exercises we were thinking of were suitable. I found dealing with this patient a big learning curve in my journey as this is something I never would have though I would be dealing with. Now, I feel I will be more ready to work with clients who have had serious diseases. Following the appointment, we wrote up the notes and planned what we could do next session with the client if they responded well to the exercises given.

After this, we again ran through different case studies. We ran clinical assessments on each other and then created an exercise plan tailored to their needs. Again, I found this very useful; it was making me a lot more confident in clinic.