Read Through’s

Yesterday we had a read through of the scenes in the play that we have chosen to perform. Below is a list of the scenes and a brief synopsis of what happens in which part:

Scene 4 – The Dinner – Johnny and Paul go to dinner with Marnie and Annalisa, this is the first time we see a connection between Paul and Marnie as it is their first meeting,.

Scene 5 – The Bedroom – Marnie wakes up in Paul’s bed after sleeping with him after the dinner. They discuss Johnny and Paul tries to convince Marnie that they have to tell him what has happened.

Scene 5A- The Suicide – This part is something we have devised and is not explicitly in the script of the play however we thought it was important for context to add in Marnie’s suicide and the downward spiral of the boys as we cannot perform the whole play. In this short piece, Marnie kills herself and we see the boys distract themselves through the means of drugs, sex and rock and roll.

Scene 17 – The Banks of the River Seine – Paul finally tells Johnny about the night he had with Marnie and the boys reflect on their time on tour.

From reading through everything and creating a plan, I am really confident about this piece and the effect it will hopefully have on the audience. I am excited to start getting the scenes on their feet and working with everybody to create something which I would hope would be memorable for an audience member. I think this is going to be a challenge for all of us however I do think we are all capable of creating a piece with the effect we hope it will have.