Theresa May-Gollum Returns To Sing Brexit Bohemian Rhapsody

Andy Serkis responds to Brexit deal vote result with new Theresa May-Gollum musical mashup.

Lord Of The Rings actor Andy Serkis has reprised his Theresa May Gollum character in a bizarre video that shows the Prime Minister singing a Brexit-themed version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Serkis debuted the hybrid creation before Christmas in a video showing him dressed as the PM but talking like Gollum as she spoke about the Brexit deal. This time. the morning after that deal was firmly rejected by MPs in a Commons vote, Gollum is back, again dressed as the PM – but this time singing a parody of the Queen classic.

Check it out below:

The video opens with the lyrics: “Was that the right deal or was that just fantasy? Are we stuck in the Union, no article fifty? “Open your eyes, did you notice the lies or see? I’m just Theresa, I need your sympathy…”

The May-Gollum character goes on to sing about former PM David Cameron: “David, I just switched to leave, undermined all that I said, the people’s will put that to bed. David! I was sure we’d won, but now that’s changed I’m Brexit all the way.” Serkis also sings about Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg in the video: “I see a skinny silhouetto of a man, Jacob Rees! Jacob Rees! Will you set up a new quango?”

The song concludes with the May-Gollum character singing: “No one really matters to me.”

I’m sorry but I think I already have a contender for the best video of 2019. I thought the previous video was great, but this is something else entirely! Serkis, I praise you and all your mighty spoofing! Long may it continue.

“Was that the right deal or was that just fantasy? Are we stuck in the Union, no article fifty?”