Pilgrim Passion

ARGYLE manager Ryan Lowe has described how passionate and driven he is to get the right results for the Green Army faithful, as we welcome Scunthorpe United to Home Park today in Sky Bet League Two.

“I’m a passionate bloke, I feel disappointed as well when we’re not getting results. When you haven’t scored as many goals as you’d like or haven’t won as many more points as you’d like, you feel it” said Lowe.

“I’ve said from day one, the longer I’m here, I’ll put myself in the situation with these fans and this fantastic football club.”

This desire for Argyle was evidenced when the Pilgrim’s overcame Mansfield 1-0 last Saturday, courtesy of a wonderful goal from Connor Grant. Lowe’s passion for the club and supporters was on display for everyone to see at the One Call Stadium as the final whistle blew.

“The passion is always going to be with me wherever I go and whatever I do because, as I said, I’m very passionate about my job and very passionate about this football club,” he said.

“I want to be passionate, just as much as the fans are. When you get a result like that at Mansfield away, then the passion comes out and shows.”

Ryan has also stressed just how important the Green Army are and that the fans involvement this season is going to be paramount.

“We want them to stick with us. I think we went a goal down at Crawley and they sang right the way through, hence we nearly got the win. Their help, that’s what we need,” said Lowe.

“It’s not always going to be pretty on the eye because we know that teams are going to come and try ruffle us up but we’ve seen a different side to our lads that can handle that, they’ve got to stick with us through thick and thin.”

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/october/pilgrim-passion/

Image courtesy of Plymouth Argyle FC