Welcome to our live coverage of England vs South Africa in Cape Town.
James Anderson of England Cricket celebrates his dismissal of Zubayr Hazma on day 4
- That’s it from us today, you can follow the rest of the game LIVE here:
- A de Kock boundary knocks the score up by four.
- SA 197/5, chasing 241 runs for the win
- No runs from this over, Bess again delivering hard and fast down the centre.
- SA need 245, with a score of 193/5
- Some more action here after the break.
- England appeal after a possible de Kock LBW but the umpire denies it.
- the South African sweeps a boundary to keep the score ticking over.
- South Africa 193/5, they now need 245 runs to win.
- The water is on and it’s time for a quick break from play.
- We’ll be back soon for more coverage.
- There really does not seem to be any way through for South Africa
- Bess’ bowling does the trick once more.
- Denly does a grand job yet again, South Africa fail to break 189-5 at the closing of the over.
- SA need 249 runs to win
- Both England and South Africa would have been feeling the pressure of poor form as they headed into this contest, both teams winning only one of their last four games.
- Thats three overs with no runs as England suffocate the home side.
- Bess’ bowling is doing the trick to keep SA at bay.
- Denly’s bowling affords SA no way through as van der Dussen and de Kock struggle to make runs.
- Again, no runs from this over as Bess keeps his opposition at bay.
- 189/5 still…
- de Kock and van der Dussan with a run apiece.
- Denly’s bowling keeps SA chasing 249 runs.
- Nothing to report here, no runs from Broad’s bowling
- SA 187/5, they need 249 runs to win
- Just the one run here, de Kock with the strike.
- SA 187 / 5
- Stuart Broad is yet to claim a wicket from this innings.
- South Africa require 253 runs to win.
- SA 185/5
- de Kock with a single run from Curran’s bowling
- van der Dussan boundary makes it five.
- South Africa 184/5
- van der Dussen FOUR is the only score of the over.
- Broad’s bowling is keeping SA on their toes
- South Africa need 263 to win.
- Malan is taken out of the picture, making way for de Kock.
- South Africa: 175/5
Wicket- MALAN OUT!
- Malan is finally sent to the sheds after a stunning innings.
- Stokes takes the catch off of Curran’s ball
- De Kock walks onto the pitch.
- Broad affords South Africa no route through in the 86th.
- SA still chase 267 runs through Malan and van der Dussen
South Africa just takes away the option of South Africa winning this test match . Now only 2 options available . It's either England win or draw. The former has the brighter chance
— DeEpAn (@Dpn_16) January 7, 2020
Fantastic to see some of the 'Bentley Old Boys' from @BentleyCC_ in their special commemorative KUDOS tour shirts over in Cape Town for the thrilling South Africa v England Test match.
— Kudos Sports (@KudosSports) January 7, 2020
- Sam Curran keeps Malan and van der Dussen in their crease.
- No runs from this over. SA need 267 to take the win.
- SA 171/4
- Just the one run from Malan, who caught Curran napping on the leg side in the sixth ball of the over.