If you need to work at home or access Plymouth Marjon University services off-campus, please refer to this guide.
To access your email off-campus you can do this via LearningSpace, through the Marjon website or via your Office 365 account online.
- In LearningSpace (www.moodle.marjon.ac.uk) – go to the top menu can click on ‘Services’ – then head to ‘My Marjon Email’
- This will direct you to your webmail space, just enter your standard username and password to access your email
Plymouth Marjon University website:
- Head to the main website > Scroll down to the bottom (accept any privacy messages) > click on ‘Staff & Students’
- Click on ‘Student email’
- Visit your online Office 365 account via: https://www.office.com/ > Sign in to your account (using your standard credentials)
- Click on the icon for ‘Outlook’
Via your mobile device:
- If you have the Marjon mobile app, login to the app and select ‘Marjon mail’
- If you don’t have the app head to your browser and type in: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/marjon.ac.uk
Installing Microsoft Teams
Staff will be using Microsoft Teams to contact you so you should make sure you have it installed on your devices. See the link for more information – https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
Access to your N: Drive off-campus
To access you N: drive off campus you can use Drives, which will enable you to access your files in the browser.
1. Go to LearningSpace > Click on the ‘Services’ menu and select ‘Drives’
2. You’ll need to enter you standard login and password to access Drives and if you’re logging in for the first time it will ask you to enter your password again.
3. When you have logged in, you’ll see a link to your N: Drive – this will show all the content, which you can access from home
4. If you select a file, you’ll see a three-dot icon on the right-hand side – clicking on this will reveal further options, such as ‘download, open, rename’
5. You can also upload files from your computer at home and create folders by selecting the ‘+’ icon in the top right-hand side of the screen
note: Drives also works on a mobile device.
Working in the browser on documents
You can access documents and work on them off-campus in your browser using Microsoft Office 365.
- Go to www.office.com and sign in using your standard username and password
- You’ll see a number of links to Microsoft services, such as Outlook (email), Powerpoint and Word.
- If you visit Word for example, you can create new documents in the browser and they will automatically be saved to your OneDrive (storage space)
- You’ll also notice that your most recent documents will appear for easy access on the home page for your Office 365 account
- If you visit your OneDrive, this will show all the online documents that you have been working on
You can access a number of library services off campus, these include the following:
- Studiosity – visit the LearningSpace page to find out more
- Discovery on the Marjon website
- Library services from LearningSpace
If you have any questions about working remotely please get in touch with a member of the Digital Innovation Team:
Watch a video below to see how you can access emails and other services at Marjon.