About Me

My name is Francesca Miranda and I am currently studying Sport rehabilitation and exercise at the University of St Mark and St John in Plymouth. I am part of the university hockey team – I play attack. I chose this course at university as I have an interest in the body and how it works and how to rehab it when it is injured and how different all the muscles and bones are. My main reason for joining this degree programme is because I want to help people and not just help them physically but mentally also. So, helping athletes get back into sport and having confidence in doing so. I previously went to a college in Oxfordshire called Witney and Abingdon College. I studied a Level 3 extended diploma sports, fitness and coaching course which I came out with D*D*D*. During this 2 year period I gained my level 2 fitness instructor qualification. I also had the opportunity to canoe down the Ardeche river twice and visited the Non camp in Barcelona.

I have participated in sport since the age of 3. I started swimming at 3 until I was 16. I took up gymnastics from the age of 5 and carried this out for 7 continuous years. I was a swimming coach for my local swim team for a year and half. I coached 6-11 year olds. I have completed a range of sports from volleyball to kayaking. sports is a passion of mine from coaching, participating and learning the science behind of it.

Please press on Curriculum Vitae down below for my CV in a PDF file.

CURRICULUM VITAE