BUCs Virtual Placement (STYD90 and STYD01)

These hours are going towards STYD90 and STYD01.

Confirmation of Placement Hours

BUCs Virtual Placement – 19th February 2021 for 2 hours

This is a new placement that I have just begun; within this experience I am required to lead and work with second year students in the provision of virtual injury prevention and strength and conditioning sessions to the women’s hockey team.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 24th February 2021 for 2 hours

More recently, I was also given the opportunity to lead the mens hockey team, which requires me to work with another second year student. This promoted me to arrange a call with the student where I explained what my role was within the placement and helped her to complete the needs analysis. Furthermore, I also participated in a reflective seminar regarding the risk assessment and need analysis that we had previously completed.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 4th March 2021 for 2 hours

Within these two hours, I planned and conducted testing with the women’s hockey team, alongside the other placement students.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 12th March 2021 for 2 hours

During these placement hours I conducted testing with the women’s hockey team and planned a four week training programme with a focus on strength and conditioning as well as injury prevention.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 19th March 2021 for 1 hours

This week was the first virtual training session for the women’s hockey team. The team wanted to focus on strength and conditioning as well as injury prevention therefore exercises were includes for both the upper and lower body and core stability.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 25th March 2021 for 2 hours

This was the first virtual training session with the mens hockey team and the second session with the women’s team. A similar programme was utilised for both genders where exercises could be progressed or regressed for each individual.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 1st April 2021 for 1 hour

During this hour, me and my fellow placement student ran an hour long programmed session for the women’s hockey team.

BUCs Virtual Placement – 8th April 2021 for 2 hours

Within these three hours, I led meetings with the other placement students, conducted a mobility session with the mens hockey team and completed the final week of the four week programme with the women’s team.