Marjon Clinic

Marjon Clinic – 23rd September 2020 for 2.5 hours

During this session we discussed the key ethical considerations when treating and rehabilitating a client within the Marjon Sport and Health Clinic. This included many different topics such as data protection, consent and record keeping.

Marjon Clinic – 29th September 2020 for 2 hours 

This was our first face to face session with the clinic team, where we had an in depth introduction to Cliniko and discussed the subjective and objective assessment for a case study.

Marjon Clinic – 6th October 2020 for 4 hours

This was my first session in clinic working with members of the public who require treatment, rehabilitation and management.

Marjon Clinic – 13th October 2020 for 5 hours 

During this session, I had an online appointment with a new client who was complaining of hip pain and a previous patient who came in for a face to face appointment for a full objective assessment.

Marjon Clinic – 20th October 2020 for 5 hours 

My first appointment was with a previous client who was coming into clinic, so I could perform an objective assessment in order to get a more in depth impression of the problem. For my second client I took them on the isokinetic dynamometer to understand the ratio of quadriceps to hamstring strength.

Marjon Clinic -3rd November 2020 for 5 hours

During my timetabled slot in clinic this week, I treated two different clients; the first patient had a previous disc herniation so subsequent guarding of the lower back muscles and the second patient  we believe to have femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) in the left hip.

Marjon Clinic – 10th November 2020 for 5 hours

During the 5 hours that I was timetabled into clinic, I saw three clients where I utilised many different techniques in order to manage there aches and pains; this included soft tissue massage, rehabilitation exercises, stretching, a high intensity interval session and cycling on the watt bike.

Marjon Clinic – 17th November 2020 for 5 hours

Management of the clients that came into clinic this week was very much exercise based. I incorporated a variety of activities including eccentric strengthening, pelvic floor activation and High Intensity Interval Training (HITT).

Marjon Clinic – 24th November 2020 for 5 hours 

This week I found particularly interesting, as I had a client with possible lumbar facet joint dysfunction and restricted range of motion (ROM) of the priformis. This was my first client with a lower back problem.