I have come to the realisation this week that something needed to change in my life in order to balance my work and university life equally and become more organised.

One of the goals I made within my personal development plan was to become more organised when writing essays and use the academic diary provided by the university to plan ahead.

Sandler (2016) suggests that an academic diary can support students with remembering key academic dates and enhance their academic writing, planning and ideas.

Yesterday I sat down and listed all the assignment submission deadlines on the ‘Exam dates and assignment submission deadlines’ page (page 219 in the ‘Macmillan Student Planner’)  and attached a note to this including the dates that we are planned to have a specific lecture that links to each assignment. I am hoping this will help with my time management and future planning for my academic writing and achievement.

References:

Sandler, E. (2016). Using an academic learning diary. Retrieved 23 February 2020, from https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/advice/student-blog-using-academic-learning-diary#survey-answer