10/02/2020- 2.5 hours

Today was Monday night training session for the older age groups.

Today I only had 2 parents’ message me prior to training on Spond to book for an appointment.

The first client has been a client for the past couple of weeks with an ankle sprain. I checked his ROM using active and passive movements and all was okay with a little slight pain in eversion passively. He described his pain to be an “ache” after training but no more than a 5/10. I decided not to do any mobilisations today due to his ROM’s improvement over the past couple of weeks. Due to this client liking the K-tape as it makes him feel more secure and supported I decided to tape him again. Taping him from the medial malleoli and pulled the tape under the foot and up to the lateral side and up along his ATFL (Anterior Talofibular Ligament), I then applied an anchor piece from the achilles to the front (pain site).

My next client came in complaining of ‘pulling’ his bicep saying his shoulder feels really tight from throwing a ball 2 weeks ago. He had no pain in ROM or resisted ROM however slight pain on palpation along the biceps longhead and anterior fibres of the deltoid. I decided to apply K-tape around the deltoid (anterior and posterior fibres) ensuring it was covering the bicep longhead also in an extended position. I asked my client how it felt and he said he felt more comfortable and supported with the tape on. I then advised him some stretches he can do before and after training to prevent any further injuries to occur.

At the end of the training session I attended the pitch with all players gathered around the centre circle and taught them stretches making sure they knew how to do them properly by going round to every single one of the players and applying overpressure when needed.