22/02/2020- 3 hours

Saturday morning game day for U10’s at South Dartmoor CC.

Todays game consisted of 4 20-minute intervals instead of a full 90-minute game. I assisted with the warmup, ensuring once they were warm that they had stretched effectively.

The first interval of 20-minutes went by with no injuries, every interval they rotated players to ensure they all got a chance to play at least 2 of the 4 intervals. During the second interval a player went down due to contact on his ankle, where a player stood on the top of his foot (on the talus bone), they player told me that his pain was an 8/10. I took him to pitch side and assessed his ankle movement (plantar flexion, dorsi flexion, inversion and eversion- alongside these being resisted), after he had calmed down from the shock he said his pain had gone down to a 4-5/10 I applied light mobilisations with the ankle in slight plantar-flexion/inversion to increase his ROM. I had no ice packs to reduce the pain, so I applied freeze spray over the top of his football sock (to avoid a freeze burn) and helped him put his boot back on. 5-minutes after his injury and he stated that he felt fine, he didn’t continue playing for the third interval but was able to play in the fourth.  During the fourth interval, another player went down due to “rolling” his ankle, however due to Saints “bounce back” policy, he took a second to calm himself down, stood up and shook it off.