gallery Behind-the-scenes with a Student Ambassador

Tom Daley and HannahHi, my name is Hannah and I’ve been a student ambassador at Plymouth Marjon University for two and a half years and I’m here to tell you how to make the most out of your time at university, as well as earn some extra money at the same time!

At Marjon University, we have a scheme called Student Ambassadors. As a Student Ambassador we get lots of opportunities to work at university events, such as Open Days, Applicant Days, giving Campus Tours and off-site events with UCAS fayres and going in to work with schools.

Marjon Lion
That’s me in there

I love design and working on computers, so I do weekly work on the University website which is a great opportunity for me. But my all-time favourite event this year was dressing up as the Marjon Lion at a Plymouth Raiders Basketball match promoting Marjon University! The atmosphere was great, and the Marjon Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation group got to walk onto the court to receive the ‘Golden Ball’ award in recognition for their work with the Raiders Basketball players.

Graduation event
Welcoming graduates

A close second favourite was working at the Graduation event – doing the University SnapChat coverage of the event, and of course…. can’t miss a selfie opportunity with Tom Daley! Other events I have done as a Student Ambassador include course taster sessions with a variety of secondary schools, as well as events off campus, such as getting involved in Wellbeing Week in Plymouth. I also seem to do a lot of modelling for Marketing purposes and feature in a wide range of places around the University!

Grace Adamson Student Ambassador Award
Student award winner

A massive achievement for me was being nominated for the Grace Adamson Student Ambassador Award last year at the Inspiring Students Award night. I LOVE all the work I do as a Student Ambassador and the wide variety of opportunities available for everyone to experience. I feel this scheme has developed my confidence and ability to do things I never thought I could! My best advice is to just put yourself out there and have confidence in yourself: you do not know what you can achieve until you try. Push your boundaries and widen your experience!

Modelling in the science labs
Modelling in the science labs
Working at a pop up party
Working at a pop up party
Ready for Graduation 2018
Ready for Graduation 2018
Modelling in the sports labs
Modelling in the sports labs
Snapchat at Graduation
Snapchat at Graduation