How to Answer “Tell Me About Yourself”

So, the initial concern you’re possibly going to obtain in an interview is, “Inform me about yourself.” Currently, this is not an invite to recite your whole life story or perhaps to go bullet by bullet with your resume. Rather, it’s probably your first and also ideal chance to pitch the hiring manager on why you’re the right one for the job.

A formula I actually such as to make use of is called the Present-Past-Future formula. So, first, you begin with today– where you are right now. After that, segue into the past– a little bit concerning the experiences you’ve had as well as the abilities you acquired at the previous setting. Lastly, do with the future– why you are really delighted for this particular possibility.

Allow me to give you an instance:

If a person asked, “inform me regarding yourself,” you could state:

” Well, I’m presently an account exec at Smith, where I handle our top doing customer. Prior to that, I worked at an agency where I got on three different significant nationwide medical care brand names. As well as while I really enjoyed the work that I did, I ‘d enjoy the chance to dig in much deeper with one certain health-care company, which is why I’m so thrilled about this chance with City University hospital.”

Keep in mind throughout your answer to focus on the experiences and also abilities that are going to be most appropriate for the hiring manager when they’re considering this specific position and also this firm. And also inevitably, do not be afraid to loosen up a little, inform stories and also stories– the hiring supervisor already has your return to, so they likewise would like to know a bit extra regarding you.