Namaste

I have recently realised that with juggling a young family, a job and University, I have been neglecting myself and rarely have any “me” time. I have made it a goal to have at least an hour a week to myself, where I can switch off and do something that I enjoy. I used to do yoga all the time however and have been wanting to get back into it, so I looked up classes near me and discovered a new fitness centre – “The Urban Studios”. I had never heard of this gym before and when I looked into it further, I thought it sounded fantastic¬† – smaller classes than most gyms/health clubs, mainly females attending and multiple types of yoga classes available. So far I have done two of the Hatha Yoga classes, which has more of a focus on deep breathing and mindfulness. I have found this a really helpful way to de-stress.

I looked into benefits of yoga, and as well as brilliant physical benefits, such as better muscle tone, back strength and blood flow, I found that some researchers believe yoga can make you happier and help you focus. (McCall, 2017)

I am going to carry on with yoga and maybe try some of the other fitness classes on offer at The Urban Studios, not only to get some “me time” in, but also to support other areas of my life which can sometimes be stressful!

References:

McCall, T. (2017). 38 Health Benefits of Yoga. Retrieved 31 January 2020, from https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/count-yoga-38-ways-yoga-keeps-fit

4 thoughts on “Namaste

1. 20096658 says:

I am really considering a bit of yoga you and Rachel have made it sound amazing. I will do anything to de stress right now. on the plus side its better for me than having a couple of gin and tonics at the weekend.

2. Zoe says:
    • 20099489 says:

I think a yoga DVD would be a great idea as it is sometimes tricky finding time to go to the gym every week, especially with the Uni workload beginning to get bigger! Thanks I’ll have a look.