Communication Skills (Task 3)

My presentation skills are an area I definitely need to improve on. I feel quite uncomfortable in the setting, where people are all staring at me at once and feel the pressure to deliver. I become very anxious when presenting and I think that it is noticeable. It’s definitely not one of my strong points as I don’t like being put on the spot or feeling like others are expecting something from me. On the other hand I do have some interesting view points to share with others but am definitely much better at expressing myself through writing than I am with face to face contact or on camera. I’ve found this applies in several different settings. I may have what I would consider some great ideas but find it very hard to articulate them verbally and end up stuttering, back tracking and even forgetting what I am talking about whereas if someone asks me to write down my ideas they are often presented very well.

7 thoughts on “Communication Skills (Task 3)

1. I agree, you have interesting view points and find you a very interesting person. I feel the same when presenting and get anxious, so you are not alone.

2. I agree, you do have interesting view points. When watching you present you did not come across as being nervous, you seemed confident- which is good.

• Wow that is strange to know, I feel like I do not do very well at composing myself at all. Interesting (ponders into a day dream).

3. You really done well whilst doing the presentations, I remember you being so nervous on the first one and by the time we got to the final you seemed confident, but it is so scary!

4. I get very anxious presenting in front of a group too but I think this is something we can improve on as we do more presentations throughout the course. I think its important to have different view points especially within the subject of psychology.

• I feel like I already replied to this in person earlier, so this is my reply. I agree. The more you do something the easier it becomes.