Task 13 – Review of the semester

Reviewing semester B, I can reflect that I learned how to critically review things and argue two or more perspectives to a point, which hopefully will improve my writing skills when it comes to essay writing.  I enjoyed my placement activities with the children and logging a scrapbook which I was able to link to various things I have learned, for example, theories from my psychology classes and models from my disability classes. All of which I was able to link together and put theory into practice.  I also learned how to reflect on my own practice which will help me to improve for the future.  I did not enjoy some of my psychology lectures as I sometimes find them too overwhelming as there is too much information to take in at once, which is ironic as my best mark is from my psychology essay.  I have also found that I can get stressed out when too much work is due at once, which means I need to organize myself better.

Overall, I enjoyed this semester and particularly enjoyed Special Educational: Contexts and Concepts (SEDC01-B) module, which was very informative on how things work within school settings, which I can use when working with children and incorporate within my own work.

About lk2000

Im studying BA Hons Specail Educational Needs and Disabilities studies at Plymouth Marjon.

13. May 2019 by lk2000
Categories: Uncategorised | 1 comment

One Comment