13/11/18 massage two

DATE: 13/11/18

Location: Clinic

Number of Hours: 1

Overview of Session: Posture assessment, 45 minutes lower back, upper back and neck effleurage and petrissage massage.

Reflective Summary:

Client came to me with muscular lower back pain believed to be from lifting weights the day before. I assessed the ROM of his back by getting him to perform lateral rotation sat on the bed which he had limited movement. As well as forward bend which caused him pain in his lower back. I then assessed ROM in all neck positions, and he had pain in all positions. I believe the pain to be muscular from over training, so I gave him a full back and neck massage using effleurage and petrissage techniques. He said the most painful part was in the lower back, so I focused mainly on this area for 30 minutes and then 15 minutes on upper back and neck. The client had muscle bulk on his lower back and upper trapezius muscles.

Areas for further improvement plus action plan:

Client needs to focus on strengthening stomach muscles to support his back when lifting weights. So, I have given him ab exercises as well as back stretching exercises to stretch out after every session. The action plan is to have regular massage also.