October 1 2019

1st October 2019

Description:

In this session, we have begun to learn a jazz routine to a pop song.

Feelings:

I enjoyed the routine, because it was high in energy and fun. I could feel myself getting into character and I could see how this was supporting our development in dancing and musicality. I did struggle with remembering each piece of movement and began to feel frustrated at myself. I noticed at points I was going into panic mode, which further inhibited my movement.

Evaluation:

The dynamic physical movements in the choreography were conducive to the vocal and instrumental dynamics of the song.  I spoke to some of the other students after the class and found many of them were having the same issue with retaining each movement in the routine.

Conclusions:

I need to consider my struggles more rationally and not be overly critical of myself.  The biggest obstacle is often my own mind and limits I set for myself. I feel my dance skills and movement has improved already and now I just want to keep pushing my boundaries.

Actions:

When we rehearse this routine next week, I will try and persist, keep calm and have a positive, internal mantra. I will keep in mind that even if I am just mapping out where I am in the space, then that is a positive step in the rehearsal process.

I will ask to record the routine so that I can look at it and rehearse at home.

Posted October 1, 2019 by 20081291 in category Uncategorized