October 15 2019

15th October 2019

15th October 2019

Description:

In today’s session, we participated in a preparatory workshop for our upcoming formative assessment. The motif I am developing is to play the character of the Evil Queen from Snow White.

Feelings:

I was feeling tired and drained and struggled to keep a dialogue going with some of my partners in the workshop.

Evaluation:

The positive part of the session is that every time I swapped to a different partner for feedback, I was able to relay more and more, as I explained my original idea and the feedback that I had gained from my previous workshop partners.  The workshop gave me some intriguing ideas, such as how I might conclude my solo piece and various emotions that I can inject into specific movements to make it more powerful.  However, there was a lack of focus within the session, that I did contribute to and I found it difficult to fully engage.

Conclusions:

I think this could have been a more positive experience if I spent more time dancing and improvising, rather than talking about the motif with my partners. This would have helped to overcome the lack of energy in the room and potentially lead to more innovative ideas.

Actions:

If there is a lull period in a session, take the lead and get moving.

Use improvisation more to explore an idea with a partner.

Posted October 15, 2019 by 20081291 in category Uncategorized