Black Friday has been and gone but have you brought all your presents yet?
If the answer is yes then congratulations, I admire your organisational and timekeeping skills.
If the answer is no, then don’t worry, you have come to the right place. This guide will give you the top 10 Christmas present ideas from shops in Plymouth.
1. The first port of call on our list is one for anyone, because who doesn’t like chocolate? From the simple but delicious Nutella and white chocolate rice cakes to banana and Nutella tartlets, caramel cream Nutella lollies and even Nutella spring rolls there is a wealth of recipes to choose from and I’m sure they’ll be as fun to make as they are to eat!
2. Where’s the llama? is a gift for the more unique of your friends and family. The book, created by Paul Moran, follows a very similar theme to Where’s Wally as readers try to find Llama Beatriz and her heard who have gone to travel the world. It’s a bit of fun and a good idea if you have no idea what to buy someone. Alternative versions include Where’s the Unicorn?, Where’s the Zombie? and I have even seen a Where’s Boris? just in case your friend doesn’t like llamas.
3. Who wouldn’t love GIANT playing cards? As well as just being plain awesome they have great comedic value, for example imagine playing ring of fire with absurdly large cards…’nuff said right?
4. In keeping with the all things comedically and awesomely oversized I present to you… this massive wine glass! For the loved one who drinks A LOT of Wine and/or Prosecco. There is also a giant beer glass so all your drinking needs are taken care of.
5. Goodnight stories for rebel girls is full of short stories about real life female heroes such as Amelia Earhart, Frida Kahlo, the Bronte sisters and 97 other entrepreneurs, scientists, writers, artists, inventors and leaders. There’s a beautiful illustration to go with each story and they’re not too difficult for younger children to understand. This book became very popular very fast and now there’s a second volume, a podcast and a journal to go along with the original.I brought this for my baby cousin and not only did she love it but her parents did too.
6. This book is THE guide to surviving the zombie apocalypse. If you have a friend who loves zombie movies, obsesses over The Walking Dead and possibly already has a plan in place if the dead start becoming a bit more “lively” then this is the book for them. Fully illustrated and packed with knowledge, the owners’ apocalypse manual covers everything from the stages of decay to places you should avoid and which weapons you should deck yourself out with.
£9.99 (or £4.99 with any purchase), HMV
7. Do you love colouring in? Is learning about all things dinosaurs and mammoths a passion of yours? If the answer is yes then this is the book for you.
£9.99 (£4.99 with any purchase), HMV
8. This calendar is honestly the most beautiful calendar I have ever seen and is a must for any Nightmare before Christmas or Tim Burton fan. All the art is removable so you can keep it after the year is finished and again, is absolutely stunning.
9. An exclusive extended cut version of Deadpool 2? YES PLEASE. Including extras such as the gag reel, deleted/extended scenes, Alternative takes, The most important X-force member, Deadpool family values: cast of characters, audio commentary from Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and loads more this is not a DVD to miss out on.
10. They’re cute, they’re nerdy, they’re collectable and some of them are giant or have bobble heads, what isn’t to love about Pop Vinyl figures? And since they’ve become so popular you can find a figure for just about anything, retro children’s programmes, famous singers/bands, Anime characters, video game characters….they even have Christmas versions of popular characters like Hulk and R2-D2, So you’ll always find something that your loved one will love.
Price varies depending on size and shop.