Went to Cornwall and didn’t even get a pasty

For this mountain biking session we went round Lanhydrock, Cornwall. This includes a multiple of different tracks and trails to ride round varying in different levels. From doing mountain biking in the second year I had an understanding of the different trails and grades in which they were, from Blue to black.
It was no surprise that the boys wanted the harder trails which I was a bit fearful to start with but took it in my stride and proved that although I may be small and a bit of a wimp I can keep up with the boys and do just as well as they did even if it was a little slower.
I tried to prove to myself I could do better than I did last year by doing time trails and improving my timing each route and keeping up with the boys.

This was a fun and less tiring day as it was very start stop with each trail and then moving from one track to another. Although the riding itself was less tiring it was still on a Thursday which meant another BUCs Wednesday, another 90 minutes of football, and another night out, meaning riding with another hangover. A long day of travelling and a nice nap on the way there and back.

I enjoy riding across the man made tracks and trails as I feel that this improves my riding and builds my confidence for when I then ride on the natural trails and areas of open moorland.