About Me

Hello,

My name is Lucy.

I am currently studying Rehabilitation into sport and exercise at Plymouth Marjon University. I decided to study this course as I have a great interest in injury management and rehabilitation.

Growing up and living in Devon all my life has brought many different opportunities and challenges. After years of being involved within football, the passion I have for working with sport related injuries has grown immensely. By gaining plenty of my own injuries and receiving the incorrect treatment, I understand the importance for athletes of all abilities to be given the help they need to get back to full potential.

Studying sport rehabilitation has taught me how the human body is affected and developed by exercise. My involvement in competitive football at county level has given me many skills that have helped me develop not only as a sports person but also as a student. Football has provided many opportunities for me, including representing the Devon FA and Plymouth Argyle FC. This helped me to build upon my confidence, and further developed my skills in teamwork and Communication.

At the age of 14 I was selected by Exeter FC to represent them in a ladies Futsal tournament at Wembley stadium. This was a warm up to the first England ladies international match at Wembley, an event that I am proud to have been part of. The aim of the day was to help promote more interest and recognition for women’s football.

I have completed a Level 1 coaching qualification with the FA, a course that developed my understanding through a more in-depth experience of how players learn and the impact that a coach may have on performance. A large part of the course had included a first aid element, where the participants were given real life scenarios which made us consider what to do if a player had suffered from a serious injury. This has given me a good understanding of how to work with sporting injuries, as well as a need for resilience during pressurised situations. I have been able to apply this knowledge to my own games to help me improve and keep others safe if any incidents were to occur.