TASK 10 – IDENTITY

Three areas of my identity are, one, being a proud mother to my children Summer and Mason, as they are an integral part of me and have made me the person who I am today and everything I do is for them. I want to be a good role model for them, so I strive to be the best version of myself. If they see me succeeding in life than they will want to and I want them to have the best life, which of course you must work hard for. This is obviously paying off as my daughter is as qualified as me at age 18. She’s about to enter her second year at university and is moving to Brighton to do so. My son also has managed to play rugby at a high standard for Exeter Chiefs and is currently doing very well within this and studies at Exeter college.
Secondly, I like to be identified as a wife. A loving wife to my husband who has been by my side for twenty years. This makes me happy to know that we are a strong family unit still after so long. Thirdly, I like to be identified as a childcare practitioner who is professional, competent and passionate. I have recently been promoted as a senior practitioner, which has boosted my confidence and I am excited to take on the role.

Being successful at University will help within my career as it goes hand in hand with looking after children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.  Being a mother has also helped me become aware of the many obstacles parents have to go through and helps within my work as a childcare practitioner.  Being a loving wife has taught me over the years empathy, patience, will and determination and to be sensitive to others needs.  This will help me when working with children as I can transfer these skills whilst caring for them and their families and dealing with complex situations at work, such as child protection meetings.

About lk2000

Im studying BA Hons Specail Educational Needs and Disabilities studies at Plymouth Marjon.

18. March 2019 by lk2000
Categories: Uncategorised | 1 comment

One Comment