I’m wondering if this will be the shortest blog I’ll ever write? It’s by design. This is a list of fun and free online activities to help keep your children entertained while you study or work at home. It’s a one-minute read, written for people who have many calls on their time…
- PE with Joe Wicks. Joe, aka the nation’s PE instructor, livestreams a 30 mins class daily at 9am, or you can catch up at any time. He donates the YouTube revenue from it to the NHS to support their coronavirus response.
2. Elevenses by David Walliams. David, one of the nation’s most loved children’s authors releases a short short on his website every day at 11am. That’s 15 minutes of calm right there!
3. If you liked the last one then you’ll love that Audible is offering hundreds of kids audio books for free while schools are closed.
5. Dance class with Oti Mabuse. Oti, who dances on Strictly Come Dancing, teaches a 30 mins kids dance class daily, watch the livestream at 11am or catch up later.
6. Got a printer? If so, you can very quickly create custom activities. You can create a word search online from any words you like, or turn any photo into a colouring page using the Colourscape app. Whatever your child’s passion, you’ll have an activity about it in minutes!
It is challenging to juggle study or work with childcare. It’s not what any of us signed up to so please talk to your lecturer or manager if you are finding it difficult, they are there to help.
- Did you hear the one about the talking potato? (How to make your tweets accessible) - January 21, 2021
- How to make your website accessible: A beginner’s guide - October 20, 2020
- Five tips for settling into university - September 28, 2020