04-12-2020 (3 hours)

Today in clinic I signed off my first client. This was a big deal for me as it reaffirmed my self-belief that I am a competent practitioner. Before seeing my client I finished off the gym plan that I’ve written for them. The programme follows a needs analysis for the clients wants for example the client is planning to join the marines, so I added cardio into the programme along with weight training to continue to strengthen up his core and back to stabilise his lower back and try and stop an onset of pain. I went through the programme with the client and got his thoughts and feelings on it which were all very positive. We did alter a few things but I would rather alter some things and the clients happy opposed to them not being entirely on board with the plan and me wasting my time. Additionally, we went through all the movements on the programme together to ensure he was moving correctly and there were a few tweaks that I made to his form on some exercises such as using the imaging of ‘screwing feet into the floor’ in order to  prime the glutes before the lift.