Areas of interest

I have many areas of interest in the realms of the health and wellness industry so I’m using this blog as an opportunity to explore them.

I have many ideas about what I would like to do and they are based not only on the things I’ve seen since working within the industry but the challenges I faced with my own health and when changing my own habits and behaviors. So here is a brain dump of all the health-related areas I would like to explore:

• Health Psychology – ability to manage and accept chronic illness at the same time as improving health where possible.
  • Body Image within the fitness industry: how a negative perception of body image can be a barrier to exercise.
  • Helping those who are in deprived areas to become active.
  • Public Health – Promotion and Policy?
  • Physical activity for populations:
  • New Mums: Can Mums create a buddy system so they can get together workout? Mums often can’t get to the gym due to childcare costs and/or access but can they get together and look after each others children?
  • Sedentary Office Workers: What can be done to help them move more?

Researching the effects of exercise on ME/CFS patients – how to get them moving, safely.

I know I can’t do everything! So I want to spend my time, as I go through the courses, narrowing down a firm career option – or maybe I can go into project work and can do it all!!!