TASK 7 SOURCES OF SUPPORT

Support at Marjon university is available in all areas. If I have any financial problems I can get support from the finance department.  I made an appointment with student services to talk about my student finance and waited at the green chairs. A lady came and got me and we went to a confidential space to talk over my student finance problems. She advised me what I was entitled to and phoned up student finance on my behalf to get information for me. Once she had this she wrote it down and explained to me what student finance was waiting for from me and it was my sons birth certificate, after I had sent this to student finance, my finance was sorted.

The IT suite connected to the library is where I can find support for all my computer needs. I went here to find out how to use the photocopier also. Someone showed me how to do it step by step. I also found that on my first day of bringing in my laptop I needed to connect to the internet, and I didn’t know how to, so I asked someone here who talked me through it, telling me what to do on my laptop to connect to the correct server, which was so helpful as I am always connected now.

If I need any library support I can go to the desk in the library and there are people who can advise me, or take me physically to where I need to find books. Once I needed help looking for a book and someone showed me how to look for it first on the computer catalogue, then told me what information I needed to record to find the book, this was helpful and I found the book I needed for my course.

About lk2000

Im studying BA Hons Specail Educational Needs and Disabilities studies at Plymouth Marjon.

07. February 2019 by lk2000
Categories: Uncategorised | 1 comment

One Comment